Monday, March 18, 2013

The Adventure Thus Far

So since this blog is supposed to be about my adventure into the murky waters of selling my makings, I thought it was high time to tell you what I've done so far. I mean, I'm sure looking at all my projects that I post to Etsy are nice and all, but I want to put a little depth in here for posterity. :)

So far I have opened an Etsy shop, put some projects in there, set up multiple social media accounts (even though I don't know what I'm doing in that arena, at all!) and created a notebook full of ideas, some of which have 'prototypes' most of which don't. I need to link up most of my  social media to this blog still, but I am in a learning curve.

My next steps I plan to take are to load my shop with things that I actually feel represent me as a crafter (as cute as my geekery is, I know why it's going nowhere. I know, my shops only been open a month! But I'm smarter than that, so I plan on pushing some things that I think people will actually pay for.) What will those products be you ask? Well, I'm not 100% there. I have some patterns in the works, some sewing projects I'm fine tuning. This is also a birthday spectacular month for me, so this next week will be devoted to getting presents out of the way. So hopefully, by the end of the month I plan to have at least 1-2 new things in my shop. I hope it takes me somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment