Sunday, March 2, 2014

WIPs

It's been a rough week of the little lady not taking naps unless she is on me… so I haven't gotten a ton done like is like too. But here is an update on some things I'm working on:

Paper piecing for my sewing machine cover:
The running joke with my good pal Robin is that I cant start a new-to-me craft like a normal person who picks a pattern and follows directions.  I don't tip-toe, I run full speed into it by making my own patterns and ignoring any and all directions! Lucky for me it usually isn't a total disaster (usually). This is definitely wasn't one of my disasters! I am pretty proud of myself. While I cannot claim these as my own ideas/patterns, I didn't use the patterns available and drafted my own instead! I used Pinterest to gather ideas and use what others had done to make it myself! (I used this, this, this and this as my inspiration/spring board for my own patterns) There has been a bit of hand sewing involved due to my lack of forethought in some instances, but overall I'm pretty pleased! I can't wait to get it all put together and sewn up for I can leave my new sewing machine out full time!

Mystery Sock KAL:
So I kinda messed this one up. I didn't switch to the smaller needles like the pattern says 
because they're being used on another project and I'm too lazy to make notes to remember what I'm using) So I haven't decided if I like them enough to rip it and re-knit it to the cuff and do them properly, knit the second sock the same and deal with it or just frog it all together and use the yarn for a different pattern (because I LOVE this yarn color! Glorious!!!) So we'll see what ends up happening.


And something I'm working out that will eventually make it into my shop:


Can you guess what it is? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment