Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Resolutions Update!

Sorry I've been MIA lately, I thought I was getting back on track, and then I had 3 things happen than needed my attention NOW. My car, my living situation, and this darn baby. Fortunately, they are all mostly taken care of now (registering my car tomorrow, moving in 2 weeks, baby in 4 weeks more or less), so I  should have a brief surge of productivity before I explode and then I will be off the face of the earth for a while.

In  light of all the short term goals I've been neededing to acomplish I wanted to see how I was doing on my long term list. Here is the infamous (to me at least) list, and what I've done to achieve said goals so far, if at all:

  • Knit a sweater Done...?
So, technically speaking I did finish my sweater. However, I decided to yank out the button band because I was unconvinced blocking would solve the scrunchiness of it, and also I forgot I was going to add a few more inches of ribbing at the bottom after the sleeves. Oops! So I've added those inches, and like most of my projects, when I hit some sort of bump in progress and I have other projects to do, I've ignored it. So I have my sweater, ready to be re-banded. We'll see if I am able to get to it before the baby arrives, but I make no promises as Christmas is around the corner and I will not be purchasing presents this year.

  • Get this blog consistent traffic
I'm willing to settle on posting regularly to this blog at this point. I swear, I can't do one thing at a time in my life, I have to do it all at once!

  • Sell 6 projects on Esty or elsewhere  DONE!
I've closed the shop for now... and I'm not sure when it will be back. Or what it will look like. I was never all that happy with what I decided to do, I felt as though it didn't really represent me as a maker, while at the same time I felt it was very representative of me. So when it does make a return, it will (hopefully) make me as happy as I hope the people who bough my wares were.

  • Learn to cross stitch DONE!!
Yup, and even have done some free styling! Whoo!

  • Buy a car Done...?
So like my sweater, technically I have achieved this goal. We needed a new car because mine was not going to pass smog. Turns out there was a recall awhile back having to do with emissions and now that I got all that squared away my car passed beautifully! So no need to get into a new car payment, yay! And my hubby is trading his car out for my uncles, which is in better shape, so that counts too right? Right.

  • Help patrons in Spanish
Back at a facility with little to no Spanish being needed, sad times panda bear. I'll get it some day.

  • Schedule my time effectively & Get back in "working order" 
Hey, if I managed to get the dishes laundry half way done I'm happy at this point, and unless my cat and dog grow thumbs and start helping around that house it's probably going to stay that way for a while

So there you have it! I find tangible goals (making something) are much more achievable than intangible (being more productive) goals. So I either need to reevaluate my goal making strategies or figure out how to my the untouchable touchable! All in all I am happy with my progress, it has been and will continue to be a challenging year, right up until the end!

How has your year treated you? Are you please with your progress or do you not even remember what goals you had in mind to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment